A number of you (like myself), will be struggling to keep up your food intake and keeping up with your training due to the heat.
The easiest way and most obvious way for the food intake is to switch to lighter food options such as: Salads, Paella, Fish and Couscous. These lighter dishes can easily be bulked up with other foods, such as: adding some Chicken, a small amount of Chorizo and some veg (Peas, broccoli, sugar snaps) to the Couscous/Salad and suddenly you have a good healthy meal.
For your training: It’s a case of keeping motivation high when you can’t be bothered.
- Train early or late in the day to avoid the midday heat.
- You can train outside so you can get some vitamin D. If you can’t withstand this, find somewhere with some aircon or a fan.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Iced drinks or frozen drinks on standby to keep you cool.
- Keep it to things you enjoy doing.
- Keep the workouts short and sweet or keep the rest breaks at a good length.
- Accept that it will be hard to keep the workouts as intensely as you normally do due to the heat.
- Don’t forget to enjoy the sun!
If you follow those points your training will stay just effective throughout this lovely heat wave!