Reasons you’re not losing weight;
Want to lose weight? Restricted all your food to a proper meal a day and then having shakes for the rest of the day? But still not losing any weight?
This is probably because you have reduced your calories far too much.
By reducing your calories too much, it can lead to the the list below;
- Muscle loss
- Poor Metabolism
- Low mood
- Poor Sleep
The above list is everything you don’t want when you are trying to lose weight, having muscle loss leads to a poor metabolism which then leads to poor weight loss. This is just one of the examples of how each of the above interlinks with each other.
Along with this, you may have reduced your calories by too much too soon, this can have two effects which are;
- Quick weight loss
They are two very different effects. Quick weight loss sounds great doesn’t it? Well sorry to burst your bubble, but quick weight loss isn’t that great unfortunately.
This is because it could be caused by;
- An illness or medical condition you have,
- It could be that you have restricted your calories too much which leads to malnutrition along with this it will mean that it is not sustainable!
Any diet needs to be sustainable, in FACT it shouldn’t be a diet. It should become a way of life. You should eat a way you enjoy and that you can continue for a long period of time.
Along with reducing your calories too much you could not be doing one of the below;
- Following a proper training program
- Not being consistent
- Not being honest with yourself
All of the above has to be within one overall plan. Each work in harmony with one another to create a weight loss journey which is going to be success and be sustainable over a long period of time.
If you want to lose weight follow the steps below;
- Work out your daily calorie requirements. (can use an online calculator)
- Reduce your calories by 10% if you want to lose weight
- Track your food and stay within the calorie requirements. (myfitnesspal)
- Take progress photos to keep yourself consistent
- Be honest with yourself about your food and your training
- Follow a specific plan to yourself